2024 will be one of the biggest years in recent times for major sporting events, with things like the 2023 Summer Olympics in Paris, the UEFA Euro Championship football tournament in Germany, the annual Kentucky Derby horse race in the US, plus many others.
Land-based and online bookmakers will have the work cut out for them over the next year as more people than ever will be looking to place a wager on their favourite sports from their smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers at hundreds of fully licensed and regulated online bookmakers (legally permitted sports betting websites).
Let’s dive straight in to reveal some of the most notable sporting events you can look forward to placing a real money wager on next year at several highly recommended iGaming sites, provided you are of legal age in the country you reside.
What are five of the biggest sports events on bookmakers’ calendars for 2024?
Each year, major sporting events from several sporting disciplines occur, and in some years, certain events only occur every two or four years. 2024 just so happens to be a year when several major sports tournaments, cups, and games will take place.
Many people will travel abroad to attend these events in person and watch their favourite sports stars or teams compete against the world’s best, hoping they will lift that sport’s most coveted trophy. Others will live stream or watch the event on a local television network in their home country from their preferred device.
Hundreds of major sporting events are scheduled to take place at some point throughout 2024, but instead of listing them all, here are just five of the biggest sports events on bookmakers’ calendars for next year. They include the following, in no particular order of importance or when they are scheduled to commence:
- Sport: Soccer/Football. Event: UEFA Euro Championship (aka Euro 2024). Where: Germany (multiple venues). When: Friday, June 14 until Sunday, July 14
- Sport: Weightlifting, Volleyball, Basketball, Water Polo, Handball, Judo, Taekwondo, and 30+ other sports. Event: Summer Olympics/Olympic Games 2024. Where: Paris, France. When: Friday, July 26 until Sunday, August 11
- Sport: Formula 1 Motor Racing. Event: Monaco Grand Prix. Where: Circuit de Monaco – Monte Carlo. When: May 28
- Sport: Horse Racing. Event: Kentucky Derby. Where: Louisville, Kentucky, US (Churchill Downs). When: May 6
- Sport: Cricket. Event: T20 World Cup. Where: Multiple venues in the United States and the West Indies. When: June 4 until June 30
These are just five of the biggest sporting events on the bookmakers’ calendar for 2024. Others include the Australian Open Tennis, the Winter X-Games, the Tour de France and Tour de France Femmes, the America’s Cup Sailing, and the Paralympic Games, to name a few.
Other significant events that many people will also be placing a wager on are the UEFA Champions League final (soccer/football), the UEFA Europa League final (soccer/football), and the Six Nations (rugby).
Which online bookmakers will have the most competitive betting odds for these sporting events?
You can find a database of the most trustworthy online sports betting casino sites with expert reviews on casinos.com – the world’s most trusted iGaming review site. Depending on which country you visit the site from will determine exactly which trusted online sports betting casinos you will be able to sign up to.
For example, if you live in the United Kingdom, there are 20 highly recommended iGaming sites to choose from. Some of these sites only have online casino games, but others have casino games AND sports betting services all under one roof.
Examples of sites with sports betting and casino games on the same website are the following trusted iGaming sites:
- Mr Vegas – currently rated at #1 and offering each new player a 100% match bonus worth £200 + 11 zero-wagering FS (free spins for selected slots)
- Magic Red Casino – currently rated at #2 and offering each new player 100 FS when depositing at least £10
- BetMGM UK – currently rated at #3 and offering a new player welcome package worth up to £200 + 100 FS
- Prive Win – currently rated at #8 and offering new players up to £100 + 20 FS
- RedAxePlay – currently rated at #10 and offering each new player a 100% match up to £100 + 20 FS for Play’n GO’s Book of Dead online slot
- talkSportBET – currently rated at #12 and offering £20 in casinos bonuses from a £10 deposit
- BetVictor Casino – currently rated at #17 and offering new players £50 in slot bonuses from a £10 deposit
These fully licensed and regulated online gambling sites (aka iGaming sites) have obtained licenses from the renowned UK Gambling Commission, meaning they are legally permitted to accept real cash wagers from anyone aged 18 or above in this region.
The services, games, features and products at these trusted iGaming sites work well on any modern Wi-Fi/internet-connected smartphone, tablet, desktop computer or laptop. They are free to sign up to, and the entire registration process from start to finish takes around a minute to complete.
Predictions for who might win some of 2024’s biggest sporting events
Let’s now take a quick look at the latest predictions for who might win some of these upcoming sporting events in 2024. The latest average odds were taken from many of today’s most trusted online sports betting sites mentioned above, including all three odds formats and the implied probability rates for each outcome.
Although accurate at the time of writing, they are subject to change at any point from now until the start of each event. Let’s start by revealing the favourites for the Euro 2024 football tournament.
The current odds-on favourite team/nation to win Euro 2024 are England at 4.50 in the decimal odds format, which means they have a 22.20% IPR (implied probability rated). It’s also the same as saying 7/2 in fractional odds or +350 in decimal odds.
At the Summer Olympics in Paris, Team USA are the odds-on favourite to win the most gold medals at 1.10 (with a 90.90% IPR). 1.10 is the same as 1/10 in fractional odds and -1000 in American/moneyline odds.
When gambling on any major sporting event or playing any online casino games in the real money mode, always remember to gamble responsibly. This means several things, including setting a reasonable budget and trying your hardest to stay within that budget.
Remember not to chase your losses and to take frequent session breaks. Also, don’t forget that real money gambling at a licensed iGaming site should never be considered a job and only treated as a fun way to pass the time.
Before placing sports bets, always try to conduct as much research as possible into the event before it takes place. Try to find out the latest team/player news, injury updates, who’s in form and who’s out of form, and various other things, including as many relevant stats as you can get your hands on as possible, and even things like the weather, which can help you place more informed bets.
Only ever gamble at licensed iGaming sites like those that have been reviewed on reputable online gambling review sites like the official casinos.com website. These online sports betting casinos are controlled by renowned companies with excellent reputations.